Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tinnitus d'bagpipe

I'm slightly hard of hearing right now. I mean not too bad .... I'm ok but the decible level has to be raised a bit for me to really hear. I've not been bothering to listen to much music. Too tired, too deaf, etc, etc. So, a couple of nights ago tinnitus came along in the sound of bagpipes!!!! It was obviously this cold starting up around a slightly overused eardrum and the troublesome muscles moving round it. Seems the music'll get to me one way or another .. if I can't hear it that well, me eardrums'll create my own. Roll on when it's all sorted out.

Fortunately it'd gone by the morning. Thing I might listen to my cds again. I can hear but just not as distinctly as I could. The cold is muffling me one way or another. But me half an hour of ghostly one earred bagpipes certainly made me appreciate other people's music.

Think I'll go for a bit of American folk and country.

Oh, no .... we don't believe it!!!

Steve Earle and Townes van Zandt to the rescue.

Yup ..... I do tend to listen to the same things over and over again. Just like getting really immersed in the music for a while I guess. Maybe there's a slight sadness now because I can't really move very much but it still gets into the mind.

Dinner? I'm not too sure about. A couple of veggie sausages and a mild veggie curry I think. The veggie hotpot was good.

I've more or less gone off sweet things cept for a bit of chocolate now and then ... but not too much. Just as well really cause they don't go with my medication.

Oven's on now and it's early to bed tonight I guess. I'm still very sleepy.