Saturday, January 12, 2008

Coping with pain etc

Managed to walk up two small flights of stairs and back again without getting too puffed this week. First time I've done that for a long time. Ofcourse, it was, as usual just a temporary thing but my breathing is definitely deeper now. I also had a day of being able to walk around a little easier than usual.

Got taken out to do the weeks shopping as usual though I still go out for little bits and pieces. The longer walk seems to help my body adjust to new movement. I go into deep relaxation very easily now too .. though that cause my breathing becomes deeper it can be a bit uncomfortable for me how my muscles are now but then that makes them exercise and I hope it'll become progressively easier.

Bathroom tidying today. Well, I've done most of the sorting out .. and putting my tins of food away in the kitchen. I've some tins of tomatoes, beans and carrots to use when I feel a bit better. At the moment I use prepared meals but I'd like to get round to sorting some food out for myself.

Just slowly trying to get sorted.

I wish there was something more I could do about the pain. I do wonder if being able to have OBEs or OOBE's .. they are referred to both ways .. would help with pain control. It sounds as if they could give a break from it. I tried many years ago and never got anywhere. Then I was just curious .. now I wonder if being able to do that could help. Anyway, maybe I won't be able to do that but I'll try and find out more about trying to control pain by distancing yourself from it. It's kinda using biofeedback.

http://www.chronic-pain-haven.com/biofeedback.html

I take a lot of pain relief but it still doesn't stop breakthrough pain and the pain does stop me doing things. Though the past few days I've been more interested in getting back to doing some things that I was doing before. Have to see how things go.