Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Spirituality

The interest in qi gong came after seeing an ad for a dvd in Kindred Spirit last quarter. I'd bought it because there was an interview with someone I was interested in there and then had seen the ad. I hadn't heard of it before. I bought a small book from Waterstones and then started looking around the net to find out more.

Reading the magazine made me wonder at all the different forms of spirituality there are too. To me, after reading, talking to other people and having experiences of my own has brought me to my interpretation .. and that is spirituality is what you do which forms the spirit you have when you pass over. I think that because I believe in an afterlife.

Don't see why there shouldn't be one .. if you can believe all this has happened and you exist .. I think therefore I am etc .. I'd've thought that a belief in passing over is much less complicated. As I said my belief comes about from listening to other people's experiences, reading and from experiences of my own. There's enough out there to read and plenty of people who've had experiences that make them feel the same. It's just kind of putting together the whole experience of reading and talking to others and your own experience that forms your view I'd've thought. That's all it can be .. cause then you can make your own mind up. My experience can never be someone else's personal experience nor their's mine.

I've been thinking back to that time I mentioned .. I think in a very early blog about feeling as if I was seeing something that was me when I was very relaxed and dozing but not asleep. Someone I was talking to a while back suggested that it might've been the very beginning of an out of the body experience. I don't know .. it was over very quickly. It seemed different from what I'd read about but then people's experiences are different. I've not gone on to have an OBE since so really I've no idea at all but I can remember seeing colours I didn't recognise and I've read a description of an OBE that mentioned this too. It's thought that quite a few people have them .. about 10% of the population at least .. possibly more I guess.

I suppose that could've been what was happening but it happened for such a short time. I can remember a bit about it and how I interpretted what was happening. If I remember rightly I was resting on my bed and feeling very relaxed .. you know one of those ultra relaxed moments .. and I looked over to a part of the room and there was a kind of upright rectangular shape that had components I recognised and those I didn't and I felt it had something to do with my personality .. that it was me .. though I didn't understand any more than that. It was gone .. in 30 -45 secs or thereabouts if I remember correctly .. but what I was aware of was that I was looking over at the box.

Perhaps it was the very beginning of an OBE. I just don't know .. I was very interested to find someone who had the same experience with the colours though while having an OBE. I guess maybe lots of people have .. I haven't really thought much about it for a while until just recently so haven't spoken about it. If it was an OBE, and I really have no idea though accept that it could well have been the start of one, not much happened .. I suppose seeing colours I couldn't recognise and now can't remember .. just have the memory of this being so .. I said at the time that I thought my complete memory of it would fade very quickly and it did.

There's so much we don't understand. I was reading yesterday about how the way anaesthesia works isn't really understood and how a study had put forwards the possibility that nerves could transmit sound rather than energy. I know the way my anti sickness pills work isn't totally understood .. some of it is .. some of it isn't.