Saturday, January 12, 2008

Pain relief

I know too that meditation is said to help with pain so I will start meditating again. Meditating rather than listening to music and see what happens. It's variable now .. has been quite bad on occasion for a couple of days. I guess I'm lucky in some ways as morphine doesn't have to many side effects for me. The movicol is still in its sachets and I'm not feeling too tired from it I don't think. It would be nice to be able to control some of the pain myself though if possible and cut down on the pain relief.

I was looking through the law and language books yesterday and felt interest again though ended up with another book that I was looking through because I saw that it had something about the difference between meditation and sleep. I have to say I'm not listening to the music from the Unison website on headphones because I decided not to use them until my illness is under control. I decided that because of the skin problems. I like the music anyway and find it relaxing but I guess twenty minutes of quiet meditation would be a good thing to go along with listening to it.

Anyway, s'pose I better go and do a bit of sorting .. nothing too heavy. Maybe wait til two when I can take the next dose of paracetamol. I was told at the hospital that morphine works better with parecetamol. It's an interesting drug which gets used up by pain.

It's interesting reading that if you take morphine for pain you shouldn't become addicted. I was told when I was worried by this that the pain uses up the morphine.

http://www.stchristophers.org.uk/page.cfm/link=280

I don't see why there should be any psychological addiction because apart from easing pain and possibly making me feel tired .. and the tiredness could be from the rest of the medication and/or the illnesses .. it doesn't have effects that make much difference to me. I'm hoping infact that I'll be able to reduce it soon as hopefully things will improve and I won't need to take it .. either that or I'll be able to lessen the effects of the pain.

Anyway, taken the afternoon pain relief and given it time to work .. not that great today .. so off to do a bit of sorting.