Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday

I turned in earlier last night but still felt tired when I woke up this morning even though I'd slept for around eight hours. The day's not been bad though, all things considered. I browsed the Oxfam bookshop and left with a couple of books .. one on out of the body experiences. There were two there and I hadn't read either. The one I chose was by Susan Blackmore and published in the 1980s. It'll be interesting reading especially as a few months ago it was finally proved that the brain could do something resembling this under certain stimulation.

I still have my books by Raymond Moody which I found in Help 71 and one other book about NDEs plus another about how to create OBEs. I never managed to have one but then I guess I didn't try very hard either.

I bought two other books "They Would Never Hurt a Fly" .. about war criminals on trial in The Hague, and Learning Non-Aggression (The Experience of Non-Literate Societies) edited by Ashley Montagu.

Also read in one of the papers how it's thought that the net is altering the connections in our brains. It appears that going quickly from page to page could be making it harder for people to concentrate on anything longer and therefore not having the concentration to read lengthy paper or magazine articles and is also changing the way the brain contemplates things .. well, it seems that using the net and darting from one small bit of information to another makes it harder to contemplate what you're reading than if you spend the time slowly reading a book .. the neural pathways are formed differently. I wonder if you use both, books and the net if you get both sets of neural pathways. If you read a language that uses ideograms .. like the egyptian hieroglyphs .. different pathways throughout the brain are used to those than when reading an alphabetical language..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideogram

Someone wrote that even reading a blog of more than three or four paragraphs is too much to take in.

I saw the works of Lobsang Rampa and Carlos Castaneda in Oxfam today. These were popular authors who both wrote what were seen to be works of fiction, Carlos Castaneda in the late 1960s/1990s and Lobsang Rampa inthe 1950s/1980s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Castaneda

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobsang_Rampa

It's thing like in The Third Eye where Mr Rampa describes being drilled in the forehead to produce a third eye as being compatible with Buddhism that kind of makes you wonder because the third eye is said to be there all along and opens rather than being drilled in. It appears what people referred to as the third eye is infact the pineal gland

http://godsdirectcontact.us/sm21/enews/www/133/ss.htm

http://www.strayreality.com/Lanis_Strayreality/thirdtyepinealgland.htm

and doesn't need anyone doing anything like that whatever way you might be looking at it .. infact it you'd think it'd have the opposite effect!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the pineal gland that I was referring to before when I wrote about sleeping in the dark and melatonin production.

The other guy who wrote about meeting a shaman who he learnt from but the teacher was never produced. The books, I dipped in and out of a couple of them, were quite compelling and the covers exotic.

Apparently Lobsang Rampa's books are out of print now but you can download a few for free from here

http://www.lobsangrampa.net/lobsang_rampa.html

This is why you really need to have your own experiences or listen to those from people you trust. Otherwise you never really know if it's just good entertainment or not.

I trust in the kind of experiences Gordon Smith talks about cause I've spoken to a couple of people who have known things they shouldn't've done about people I've known complete with a strange kind of synchronicity. I could relate to his books. I've spoken to people who've told me things I know are the truth beause of how they were telling them .. a knd of naturalness that threy couldn't've conveyed if they'd had to make them up on the spur of the moment


I didn't go out tonight because I want to get to sleep on time now and I could've pottered round on time but I guess when I got back I'd've stayed up a couple more hours than I should .. someone said they were gonna have to come and confiscate me mouse if I couldn't manage to turn in by midnight ... hum .. look who's talking .. lol!!! LOL!!!!!

But I do know that I've got to.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz