Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I went out this afternoon .. glad I went even though I was so tired .. just to see the people. I closed me eyes and just listened through most of it .. felt very sleepy. Had me cup of tea and came back.

Later on picked up a copy of Aldous Huxley's Doors of Perception and Heaven and Hell and also a book called Khama which is a collection of essays about the idea of khama. I've never believed in khama because I haven't included reincarnation in my beliefs and I don't believe in khama during a lifetime cause it doesn't explain a baby having to go through difficult times. I'm open minded as far as reincarnation goes but don't believe in a lifetime kind of khama because .. well, it often doesn't play out.

I do believe in "divine retribution," for want of better words, though .. that was coined in the 19th century when it possibly didn't sound as grim as it does today. My belief comes from reading about NDEs where people report feeling the pain they've caused other people and also going through life reviews. It's just logical to take from those experiences that it's possible that there is some moral reason for being here.

Aldous Huxley's book is only a short one though I've always found it heavy going when I've tried to read it before but I've had me interest revived a bit in the brain .. there was a little book on the new books shelves in Waterstones a couple of weeks ago that looked interesting .. it was about the brain .. the author said that though people always praised the structure of the human brain there were reasons to think that it could have been much better than it is even just doing the things it does at the moment. That it hasn't developed to cope that well. Could do better was his verdict!!!!!

Anyway I have me two books and maybe I will eventually read my way through the whole of Aldous Huxley's book. I think I might've mentioned it before in my blogs .. it was popular student reading in the 60s and 70s. Jim Morrison named The Doors after the book and the book itself took it's name from a quote by William Blake: "If the doors of perception were cleansed man will see things as they truly are .. infinite."

I'm off to get some sleep now.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz