Saturday, July 12, 2008

Up .. partially medicated .. and not fed so far

Well, didn't have a good night last night but it looks like it's just me cold ..me eyes are a bit wet this morning and I'm a bit blocked up. I'm a bit shivery too .. sounds like a cold. Other than that I'm not too bad .. the thing that seemed to improve yesterday is still better this morning .. rotten cold or not .. not quite as good as yesterday but still much better. Me bone sparing pill went down very early this morning .. I'm glad I've got it back to Sunday .. it just makes it easier to remember.

Looks like it's going to be a nice day .. haven't read the weather forecast .. but the sun is out and the sky is blue .. today I'm going to meditate. If I didn't sleep well last night it seems a good thing to do .. the rest is different from sleeping but it's better than not resting at all. And there's plenty of time to do it in. Sigh.

I do sleep quite well I guess all things considering. I do feel quite awake too this morning which is surprising since I slept so badly last night .. can't judge what is going to happen though. I was probably out too much yesterday .. which I enjoyed regardless of the pain .. but it mightn't've been such a good idea. Me left side seems to be warmer than usual this morning too .. have to wait and see if that is good or not. Probably means nothing ... lol!!!! But I notice all differences that are as plain as that and wonder if it's gonna mean any permament changes one way or the other. I have no idea what the chances are of me getting better .. there's more going on than just the initial illness. I guess, realistically, the chances aren't very good .. but then I never expected to be able to walk to and back from me docs again .. and .. I can. I can remember when I could hardly get to The Parade .. and always had to rest at Waterstones .. and even then it was very difficult .. some days I don't know how I managed it but I was determined that I was going to.

I feel as if I'm gonna sneeze .. wish I would if I'm going to. Maybe it's just yawning cause I'm tired that's making me feel like that.

I've just been trying me mantra .. using .. "med .. i .. tate" rather than anything about getting to bed before midnight!!!!!! I don't think it would've made much difference the last couple of nights anyway .. I'd've soon woken up the night before last and had to get up .. and last night wasn't promising either!!!! Anyway .. back to what I was saying .. I've just been trying my mantra and it's much easier than it has been for a long time .. for some reason or other it's been hard to concentrate but this morning it seems easier .. just tried it for a minute and no probs.

And .. back .. after 15 mins .. not bad though I did have some some intruding thoughts .. quite funny some of them .. but I just brushed them aside and went back to concentrating on my mantra.

I was finding it quite difficult to meditate before .. but it was much easier this morning .. though my mind did wander a bit!!!!! Just have to keep practicing.

Tried for another few minutes and my mind didn't wander so much.