Friday, July 11, 2008

Sun

I was surprized that I could remember me name in hieroglyphics when I woke up this morning .. or that I even thought about it first thing on waking .. guess I might've been dreaming about it. Funny when you wake up and realize that you now something completely different from what you knew a day ago.

I have a young friends who're very interested in languages .. and seeing the kit in The Works just had me thinking about that last night.

I've still got me cold and I'm still tired though I'm getting a reasonable amount of sleep. I'm told that the morphine will make me a little sleepy .. though yesterday I think it was the cold .. I'm not that tired today .. I noticed that I picked up a bit last night when playing a couple of games .. I'm still missing things but I'm quicker. Still not back to usual though. I'm not very fast anyway .. and never will be while I'm on all this medication which I suppose will bw for a long time if not for the rest of my life. Can't say .. just have to see how things go.

Oh, yes, that reminds me .. tiredness got in the way before .. but even though this illness can be caused by solar exposure .. it's best to have some sun throughout the year .. I think they suggest about a quarter of an hour every day in the UK .. though being careful between 11am and 3pm in the summer. That's to help the skin make vitamin D .. it also protects against some diseases.

Potters off to find a link.

http://www.safekids.co.uk/VitaminDAndSunExposure.html

That sums it up well .. they say 10 to 15 mins.

A .. snishoo ...!!!! Yup, still got a cold.

Someone I know is off to the docs this week cause she has a couple of darker patches of skin on her face that have suddenly got darker .. they could, ofcourse, just be sun spots that have got darker all of a sudden but it is still important to get them checked out. Sun or liverspots are just darkening patches that appear on the skin as a result of sun exposure .. they're not dangerous .. but, these were very light before and now they've suddenly darkened a lot. She's around forty so is at the right age for them to be showing. Hope she's fine.