Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sigh

A busy day .. covered elsewhere so I'm not writing it out again. I think I might've lost me friend to the booze .. she's gone quiet .. I do know what's happened though she doesn't know that I do. It's sad .. cause she is a nice person .. but the drink's changing things. Sad.

I was reading a mag in the hospital waiting room about drinking here .. it was really sad reading about a 14 year old diagnosed with liver failure and people in their 20s developing cirrhosis. She said something about being jaudiced a little while ago but had said it was due to a cold .. guess it wasn't.

The magazine was sad reading .. According to Alcohol Concern it's reckoned that 1 in 7 16 to 24 year olds are dependent on drink. It reckoned that as kids brains are still developing they're more prone to brain damage. Dunno when my friend started drinking but she's in her late 30's now .. so quite a bit younger than the woman mentioned here .. but .. she's still quite young too.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Addiction-Alcohol-2053/Behavior-changes-long-term.htm

Oh well. Maybe something will happen now and she'll get help. Fingers crossed, huh. I know she knows she needs help .. she says she drinks to help her sleep and because of stress .. hopefully she'll go to the docs now. She just seems so young to be developing these problems .. she's only been drinking wine.

Still .. there you go .. she's very tall .. you'd think that would mean she'd be better protected too.

Anyway .. I'm off to bed now .. later than I intended. Just been thinking .. she must wonder if I know .. I wonder if she remembers what she said before .. she'll be really upset if she does. And I know what she'll think I'll think .. but I don't .. I just think it's low self esteem and alcohol mixed .. though I am pissed off .. though, strangely, not as much as I was the first time .. I didn't say much then .. just reminded her how lucky she is as far as that part of her life goes now .. and she is .. and left it. I am very sad though .. because she can't be as happy as I thought she was there .. this has nothing to do with her drinking .. you'd've hoped that she might've tried to stop now that part of her life has improved so much. It's actually really confusing.

She lives too far away for me to be able to go and see her now and she won't travel so there you go.

I'm going to bed. Because I don't drink I don't know if this could happen just because she was blotto on a couple of bottles of wine. she remembered who I am so surely she'd've remembered something she said that was so reflective of her life. She knew about the rest of what'd happened and what she'd said. Guess she's the only one that can answer that really.

Sigh.