Wednesday, August 13, 2008

day

Got so much sorted this morning!! Had quite a few cartons of long life soya milk and other things like that sitting in carrier bags which hadn't been used because I hadn't been doing much meal preparation .. so there was just a pile in the middle of my sitting room .. this morning I've sorted it all out. I don't need anyone to help me do the shopping anymore it seems either!!!!!!!

This doesn't mean that I'll be able to do it tomorrow .. I should be ok with the shopping but there could be problems with break through pain if I get another cold and/or my muscles release in a way that adds a lot more pain to what I already have.

They really don't want to put me on any more pain relief at the moment. I'm on bucket loads as it is .. three different kinds which includes over a gram of morphine a day. In a study they did over 600mgs a day was categorised as a very high dose and I take about twice that long with two other pain killers and still get breakthrough pain. I suppose it's not that surprising though.

My breathing has given me a lot of problems over the past few days as my lungs struggle to move more of my rib cage. Last night it was like having a new rhythm of breathing altogether!!!! It caused a lot of breathlessness at times. But, still, you just have to get on with things.