Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Granulation etc

Just washed me hair and me dressing stayed on!!!!!! Excellent .. this could help it heal like the back one is doing .. before my hair used to get a bit tangled so there wasn't any chance but now with this dressing there things could start improving.

It was the honey dressing that they used at my GPs that started the back healing .. then it started to overgranulate .. healing faster in some places than others so they used silver nitrate on it a couple of times and now it's carrying on slowly getting better. The honey dressing was used about three times with two changes a week before there were signs of granulation

Granulation:

http://www.answers.com/topic/granulation


I had the back wound .. probably a pressure sore but no-one is quite sure because of the auto immune condition .. it would have been helped along the way by the auto immune illness anyway whether it's a pressure sore or not because of the fragility of my skin and then made harder to heal because of the point of pressure there.. Anyway ... I had the back wound for around six months without there being any sign of healing .. infact it was getting larger .. until the honey dressing was used on it .. and it has slowly been getting smaller since then.