Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tuesday

Up, fed and medicated. Rather tired which I guess isn't at all surprizing. The last time in hospital was exhausting .. I'm pretty sure that it was the bug that the ambulance guy from Coventry told me about that got me in there this time. Don't think that I've ever sweated so much in my life for the first twentyfour hours I was in there. I was having the tummy spasms again which meant me tum was being rather wrecked because it's so delicate from my illness. On my first day there, have no idea when .. I'm so used to being taken in in the early hours rather than during the day that I was a bit disorientated .. that they thought I'd had an accident but it was the amount of sweat pouring off me. One of the nurses sounded really upset when she discovered that I'd been pouring with sweat like that.

I have to say that the nursing staff were wonderful coping with it all. I was looked after so well there .. nighties continuously changed so I didn't have to wear wet clothes etc. My medication was sorted out very quickly on the ward too. Gave the nurses fund a couple of quid to thank them .. they bought biscuits for their tea breaks with them .. Rosie showed me what they'd got after popping down to the hospital shop.

From now on I'm always going to have a couple of days supply packed to take in with me. I hadn't bothered this time cause I thought that the bug must be coming to an end and I wouldn't need to go into hospital. Should've quickly sorted everything out as soon as I started feeling queasy .. even if it was just incase. Once things started going wrong it all happened very quickly as usual. Still I had my Cellcept and oramorph and MST .. and the pharmacy was open at the hospital when we got there.

We moved out of the flat and off to hospital very quickly once the ambulance guys were there and as it was a week day I knew me medicines could be very easily sorted out once we got to the hospital cause the pharmacy was open and my GP could be contacted.

Some of my medicines aren't on the ward trolley though so it's best to make sure that I have some on me when I go in .. so I'll have a little spare medicine box packed now along with other things that need to go in. I think I'll put a letter in with the medicines explaining what usually goes wrong at times like this and about my illnesses. Cause it's not easy to talk when you're in so much pain and have a fever.

I was out of hospital for a lot longer this time before I had to be carted back in again this time and I think it was the chesty bug that the ambulance man told me about that got me back in again.

Will sort out an emergency box soon so that everything is ready .. it's easy to forget something.

Fell asleep on the couch last night again but had a reasonable nights sleep once I turned in properly. Wasn't very well this morning and didn't really want to get up but was ok in an hour or so. It always takes a while to get moving and sort the medication etc out though. I am a bit tired though today.

Sorted fridge out yeterday and will take rubbish down to the bins this afternoon .. pop a few odds and ends into bags and think I'll call it a day. Rested quite a bit yesterday too.