Thursday, September 04, 2008

Right gud night!!!!

Well, I'm amazed again .. my newish friend .. getting on for eighty .. is doing even more work than I thought she was .. it already seemed to me that she has her days full .. of work!!!! I was wondering how she could fit writing a book into her "spare" time. Turns out she's doing even more than I already knew.

My friend I was with this evening is quite a bit older than me and very energetic. I guess I'm quite energetic considering my illnesses .. but as I say if spirit hadn't come into my life I don't think I would've been.

It amazes me how many people have experiences that make them wonder about life .. mine have made me quite sure that life follows life .. and I'm very grateful for what I've been shown .. because that appears what it's all about .. and for what other people have told me. I seem to have had quite a stream of experiences like that but then, I guess, I'm very ill so why not.

I've been interested in the universe etc for a long time and combining the two has made me think a lot and for me with my experiences and listening to other people's .. I believe life follows life. And I thank spirit for showing me when I hadn't been looking. OK .. the experiences had been there before .. I suspect most people have them .. mine started in my 30s .. though I was silly and didn't want to know.

There are lots of thigs that I haven't experienced. I don't suppose I'll have an OBE. They seem to be in many forms. Not the same things at all.

Not all experiences are initially pleasant .. which makes me wonder about Buddhist views .. I used to be a sort of Buddhist .. interested to start off with because I was a vegan .. but I did dip into books here and there and know a few Buddhists. Most NDEs are eventually pleasant .. I suppose it depends on the time span .. I know a bit more about them now .. and realise that to a certain point you create your own. I do know that there's often a review of your life and that the seeming outcome of that is that kindness is seen as a good thing.

I wish I'd asked mum more about her experiences .. well .. about her mum's becauseI know there should've been a lot to be told because of something she once said about my nan .. but I didn't as .. dunno why really but I never followed anything she said like that up .. surprizes me now that I wasn't full of curiousity. Though maybe I wouldn't've been able to think it through then as I can now.

Most of the things I'm being told now I haven't experienced. I know they're true. I've witnessed similar things seeming to take place in hospital one way or another. I suspect mine, this time, started round about the time my illness got underway though I didn't now I was ill then. One seemed there for mum .. though I didn't know I was starting to fall apart at the time .. literally.

I used to think that I couldn't believe things that I hadn't experienced myself but I know enough now to know that there are things that I haven't experienced that are certainly true. It's interesting that I'm learning about one kind more or less together now .. possibly because of my own health.

Some I don't understand at all .. and why they don't happen all the time.

Ah .. time .. that's something that seems to pop up sometimes .. though it can't be the answer to all .. I wondered if some OBEs exist outside of time as we perceive it. An evening spent reading through the theories of relativity and quantam theory with David Deutschs work suggesting parallel universes just makes you wonder what might be going on out there. It is very complex and there must be so much more to find out. Theories are all very well I guess .. but there just has to be one new law coming up from somewhere and things have to be looed at again.

Anyway .. I'm off to bed .. I'm not sure that I want to mix my lovely, cozy, snuggley, huggley experiences on the seemingly "esoteric" side with my interest in physics as we know it at the present. I just kinda feel that there's really so little known on both sides that the interests could become too confused .. science changes .. and on the seemingly "esoteric" side things point very much to life after life and then have to mix that with science that perhaps isn't yet in touch with the facts that need to be known to look at these happenings properly.

I understand why people don't bother trying to talk to others about these things .. I'm told that there's a series featuring Richard Dawkins on the TV at the moment .. I think he's atheist v religion rather than being totally against there being any suggestion that there is life after life though he does seem to more or less see his no god against there being a god as encompassing any other form of interest .. I suppose because he seems to approach the subject so often from the there is a god v there isn't one stance but it still seems as if he really sees things as if there isn't a religious type god then there can be no reason why there should be anything else than something based on that.

I was alienated from his writing a lot .. even though I agreed with a lot of it and I did see him saying that it's not people who are interested in there being a continuation of life after life .. though he didn't sound as if he had much time for that really either .. by one page .. and I realized that we might agree on a lot but on some things we never would even though what he was writing about didn't really connect to the subject from a scientific viewpoint.

But .. there you go.

Another experience .. that had me wondering what that could be about and left me baffled .. was cleared up this morning when I actually bothered to look something up I should have done before when I was baffled .. someone had got the wording wrong!!!

Yippee!!!!!!!

So there u go!!!!

But they are personal experiences .. so many of these thing are. Someone who almost passed over a little while ago now won't talk about his .. not even to closeish family. They often seem to be based on love .. and I don't just mean romantic love. They often include other family and close friends. Maybe he wants time to himself to think it all through or maybe he thinks he's told people close to him and now just wants to get on with things.

Judging by my experience most people have either had them themselves or have people close to them that have.