Friday, June 26, 2009

friday

I'm hoping that I'll have had the vaccine before the flu really. Apparently the first batch will be ready in the UK in August now .. dunno how far up the list I am for at risk people .. but quite high I should imagine because of both my illnesses and the meds used to treat them.

Both the mycophenolate and the prednisolone are immune suppressants .. I'm only on 10mg of prednisolone now but am taking 2000mg of mycophenolate .. think I'll start calling it cellcept .. it's brand name .. easier to type and spell. It was 3000mg .. divided into two doses .. three mauve pills in the morning and another three in the evening .. now it's usually two in the morning and again in the evening ,, though occasionally three ,,, lol!!!

I've noticed a few withdrawal symptoms .. but there had to be something it was inevitable with such a strong drug and I suppose that's quite a hefty reduction. It's usually used to stop organ rejection after transplants .. it suppresses the immune system so it won't reject the new organ, My immune system had got a bit out of control so it was used to suppress it. It had worked .. tests showed that but for some reason some of my sores weren't healing and I had wondered if the cellcept was starting to damage my skin as it can cause skin cancer.

For some reason the sores in my mouth had started to improve .. though others haven't. The one on my back did but I'm wondering if that was more a pressure sore and healed because my muscles had relaxed a bit changing the way the bones are situated there which meant the pressure sore could heal. None of the others healed that were still there .. a lot had as people can see .. don't have the ones on my neck or under my eyes anymore .. when the treatment was relatively new. Seemed that the treatment went so far and that was all it could do.

Well, we shall see what happens now.

My breathing has changed a bit and my heart rate is different .. though not much and I'm a bit forgetful right now and very, very tired at times and a bit twitchy. Still if that's it I can't really complain because that's one hefty drug. I'll be glad when it settles down though.