Saturday, September 19, 2009

Healing

There was an article on the BBC news site a few days ago saying that spiritual healing could make things wptse rather than better mainly because a lot of people who believed in it would rely on that kind of healing in place of conventional medicine.

I see it as a kind of placebo .. without the pills ... that you can use alongside conventional medicine. I may not like some of the medication I'm on at the moment .. the side effects aren't exactly a bundle of laughs .. but I know that the meds are necessary.

Even of the level of diet healing, along with the necessary meds, couldn't help my illness however much my belief in it might prime my body to heal unless I ate enough protein to mend the damage my illness has done to my body, It's physically impossible for that to happen .. even if somehow it leached protein from other parts of my body there would still be heaps of problems.

As for the protein mixes I discovered that mixing two different vegetable ones together made it taste reasonable and I managed to drink it this morning without the usual series of "yuks" round the kitchen .. well, I often didn't get past the first one which would happen round about thinking about taking the lid off the container. I should drink it cause it does make sure that I get the protein I need without having to think too much about it.

Anyway mixed two kinds together this morning .. half and half and it wasn't bad at all. I guess I'll start drinking it more often now then .. like every day as I should. It was difficult before because I really, really disliked it.

Anyway, without enough protein I couldn't possibly heal regardless of how much healing I might have.

And as far as the illness as a whole goes I need the medication I'm on.

Healing can just be something nice to round it off .. it certainly seems to work in an emotional level in some circumstances.