Friday, September 25, 2009

More blogs??

I've followed quite a few blogs over the years .. got to know a few people through a diary site .. where I thought I'd set the diary as private .. started it a few months ago .. and hadn't .. someone eventually replied and brought a couple of other people along who now read here as well but we talk on the diary site.

They know a lot about me .. lol!!!!!!!!

Oh dear!!! lol!! Could probably write a reasonable biographical account of parts of my life.

I'm glad though .. it was a nice way to get to know some really nice people.

Wasn't quite what I was expecting but it's worked out very well.

I read other blogs/diaries on the site and had been for quite some time but most I've read over the years, that haven't been written by people I already knew before reading them, have closed. Not surprizingly it turns out .. statistics say that 60% to 80% of blogs are abandoned within a month. I don't think that's surprizing but it can be a bit disheartening if you've been reading for a while and blog after blog just dries up. I don't mind how long they've been going but it can be sad when a blog you like suddenly stops and the person never writes there again.

I don't read blogs I don't like very often .. and usually give up on them after a while .. there're only so many hours in the day and I prefer to spend them with people I like one way or another .. but I've often felt sad when people I like have stopped writing. But life changes and they go on to other things.

I rarely comment on the blogs I read if I don't know the person .. only a couple of times .. and not on this site. One was in a pretty raw situation and we've become and stayed close over the years. The other time she didn't comment back to the people who wrote in her blog .. guess she just lost interest .. it was another one that closed within a month. Don't know why she left comments enabled really .. quite a few people did take the time to write for the first couple of weeks but were never acknowledged and then the blog itself dried up too.

Anyway .. think, when I feel more like it etc .. I'll do a blog/diary search again. Or, maybe someone else'll find someone new anyway .. but it's been a long time since anyone I know has added new blogs/diaries to their list apart from our new friends who read my indepth diary a few months ago .. lol .. and very glad they did too. Lovely people and fantastic blogs.