Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Miss her

I know some lovely people. Was very sad that the Quaker woman who used to work in the hospice shop in Old Town had left. Well, she was ill last time I saw her and I knew there wasn't much chance that she'd still be there. She had a nasty illness too sadly and I loved her so much for her serenity in facing it.

I'm not sure just what being a Quaker entails .. I know it's not just about being a Christian and there's a lot of contemplating and .. I believe .. meditation. I believe the word "God" can be interpretted in different ways as it can in some other religions too .. but I might be wrong on that point as far as the Quakers go. They also believe in peace and freedom of religion.

I believe it in their case because their beliefs are the kind that can easily encompass that .. I've sadly had the experience of sects saying they do but, in reality, this isn't the case and there can be some pretty nasty underhandedness if another person's beliefs are at odds with theirs. I know this can just be the fault of a few people rather than the whole sect but sometimes it does seem somewhat more.

As far as the Quakers go .. knowing there'll possibly be one or two people who don't uphold all the core beliefs in the group .. I believe that they really do believe this.

I will never forget her serenity .. something else I've picked up along the way that's nice.