Thursday, November 05, 2009

cont ....

I wonder why there isn't some kind of centre that is just concerned with pain relief .. it seems, from what I can make out, to be a subject that has almost been pushed to the sidelines until a few years ago .. almost like a diagnostic tool rather than something that needs researching as part of medicine, All I keep on wondering is why there isn't more research and a centre dedicated to that research.

I know it's not an illness by itself but it certainly makes being ill a lot worse.

Anyway .. it seems that a way of making morphine more effective at a lower dose has been discovered which is very good news. I do wish that I could remember more about that article I read but so far nothing I've Googled has brought a link to it up,

I need to know a lot more to really understand what goes on. I'd like to learn more about the receptors .. proteins in the brain .. and how they react to analgesics. Do they all react the same .. do different ones work differently with different opiate concoctions. Though I guess knowing isn't going to make any difference!! But I feel at a bit of a loss.

I know nuffin .. well, that's not quite true anymore .. but .. almost nothing is near enough!!

It's possible that the slightly stronger ibuprofen might help.

I would like to find out more about that article I read before .. but there's so much to go through and I can't think of any words that night just single it out from all the other results.