Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Tuesday

I left a note for my doc today .. have an appointment soon and decided not to make an earlier one. Have done a bit of massage .. I'm working on the idea that if visualization can help to control pain a bit .. the relaxation from doing this might have an effect too. I'm not expecting much to be honest. I'm on so much pain relief as it is .. I'm told that there're more things to try .. so we shall see. I'm not sure if something like massage can help control this type of pain but it's worth a try. Not quite sure how the visualization they teach is meant to help but apparently it lessens pain for some people.

I do know that there's a new form of pain relief in the pipeline that, when I last read about it, had few side effects, appeared to work better than morphine and isn't a medicine that you develop a tolerance to. They discovered it when researching something else I believe. I do hope that it lives up to its promise and is on the market soon. Read about the research on the net but didn't save a link or anything .. expect I'll find it again some day .. it was very interesting and good to know.