Wednesday, December 09, 2009

...............................

Well. back with the X Factor and looking back at Ricki's audition. I'd forgotten that he was only 21 and hope that he'll be back somewhere or other. And the hat? Well, if he likes Reggae that explains that, doesn't it thinking back to the various incarnations of "mod" there've been over the years

Back in the day I used to like ska and bluebeat as well as West coat type music and had mod friends as well as hippy ones.

Prince Buster.


Reminds if Sue a lot. She's a year older than me. Looking back it's impossible to believe how the years have flown by.

I'm not that keen on orchestrated rock or orchestrated music in general so am not really into the music on the X Factor but I thought Ricki's audition was great with just a little music behind him. .



http://xfactor.itv.com/2009/episodes/video/item_200206.htm



He's got plenty of time to sort things out.

Anyway ... back to meditation vibes etc. Didn't feel much like searching yesterday. Just stayed with the track I mentioned .. well, the slow start took me down into the music and it was very melodic after that even though the tempo speeded up .. but I'd like something a bit slower throughout really.