Thursday, July 26, 2007

Evenin'

Well, yesterday's little upset turned round full circle and worked itself out. Goes to show you I suppose!!!!!

Snort!!!!!!

I wasn't upset for myself really anyway ... though it did rather astound me!!!

Anyway, got me chickpeas, spinnach, eggs and Marmite in as suggested. You are what you eat etc!!! I think it's my B vits that might be on the lowish side in my diet at the moment so I'll be sorting them out now.

The ice cream's out and the chickpeas are in the freezer. I prefer savoury things to stacks of sweet stuff anyway these days. Though I have been through my chocoholic time but now I'm just not that interested.

I crave veggies and soya stuff!!!!!!

Someone's posted up deficency and toxicity signs up on one of the boards so that should encourage me. I can remember learning all that when I turned vegan. Can't remember if it was from one of Thorson's own books. What amazed me at the time was finding out that people in this country sometimes suffered from minor signs of scurvy because of a poor diet.

I think another one of my ulcer's is trying to sort itself out too. Though with this one it seems to be three steps forward and two back. It never seems to quite get there though it tries. It's a very strange illness. Better be off to get the steroid sparing drugs for the evening to encourage it along it's way I guess.

And, yes, they are very strong drugs .. guess they'd have to be to sort this out to any degree.

As I said before I think I was very lucky to have a bit of me massaging, yoga and meditation and nutritional info sorted out before having to cope with the illness. Fun at the time and useful now. Not, ofcourse, that I've been up there sorting it out as quickly as I should. I would book myself in for therapy at places but I'd wait til my ulcers have sorted themselves and it's the muscles and skeletal problems that are left to be sorted out.

And, er .. yes, I think it was David Carradine's series that had us doing martial arts. Used to like that though we did judo rather than kung fu but that was probably cause that was what was on offer at evening classes round the corner. If it'd been kung fu we'd've gone to that.

Though my sporty days are obviously over now. Even woodland treking I guess. But, I enjoyed what I did .. now it's time back to the books more and things, when I can. It's not so painful to sit down!!!!!!