Thursday, January 17, 2008

Long lost diaries

I have a lot of diaries all around the net .. set up while I was looking at the different layouts and things like that .. most of them are lost now. I can't remember where most of them are now because they weren't used.

Me butterfly one was a me only to begin with though is now a friends only. Named because of the site rather than anything else. I did have a LJ for a while but that was when mum was here .. I imagine it's still out there somewhere .. though like the rest it's private .. so there's no chance of me finding it .. or anyone else who shared it with me ,, cause they can't remember what it was called either. I'd imagine that it'd be difficult to read because most of it was about her illnesses and looking after her. I deleted quite a lot of it when I was going through a patch of deleting things soon after she passed over. It doesn't matter that it's lost I guess though cause I can remember everything that would be there I think.

It was good I guess for the people who shared it with me cause they now know a lot about caring for someone who has these problems. I came to it without very little knowledge at all. What I learnt has helped a few people. One especially who decided to give up her new job to look after a family member with another form of dementia. There'd been confusion because no one could understand the personality changes and not knowing that this can be a result of dementia people were taking it personally rather than a symptom of the illness.