Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thursday

Up, fed and medicated!! Still slowly sorting out and getting ready for the time I can go home. Hopefullly it won't be too long now. I don't expect to be well .. just well enough to travel without making things worse. My sense of taste seems to be coming back after months of being totally on the blink.

Haven't been sleeping that well because of having a cold and sometimes because of muscle changes. Took a while to get to sleep last night but when I did I slept through seven hours which was good but I'm still feeling very tired from colds and those sleepless nights.

Was taken out shopping yesterday and we had a good time. She said that it's more like going out with a friend than work. Yeah, it's nice. Got me food basics in for the week .. and heavy things like disinfectant which I still find hard to carry back because of the strain it puts on my lungs.

Did a bit more sorting out here.

Said someone else could have another of me books. I'd leant it out, she's half way through and her daughter wants to read it too though they know far more about the subject than I do. They might as well keep it though and pass it on .. saves them feeling as if they need to rush it. I'd've just given it away sometime or other anyway as I would't've been taking it home with me now that I've read it.

The media is full of stories relating to life after death. I don't get to see the TV stuff because I gave my TV away thinking I was going home some time ago. Don't want it back as I've plenty to occupy me and I very rarely watched it anyway.

Soon be time for the next dose of paracetamol. I'll go out for a little once that's taken effect. I would like to be able to go a bit further than I can at the moment .. though on the good side I'm still managing the stairs pretty well .. got me rubbish well sorted out for the binmen yesterday. There was a bit of breathlessness but I managed ok and it was good exercise for me using the stairs. Never know what it's going to be like from one day to the next.

It's started raining .. still, I should be able to manage my umbrella .. did the other day. For a while that made my breathing worse but walking back last time in the rain and with umbrella though I didn't feel too good was doable. I kind of see it as exercising now. Hmmm .. ah, well, the sun's out now!!!

I'm half way through my paracetamol. I've taken my oramorph. Suppose I should have my protein drink too .. and my calcichew. I take the calcichews midday and early evening away from the steroids now and, ofcourse the bone sparing pill is always taken at least half an hour before anything except the glass of water that should be taken along with it.

Clouds are drifting insight again. I would like to go out .. though only for a short potter. Being out is different from moving around inside cause here I can just sit down any time. But still walking out is good for me.