Saturday, January 19, 2008

Saturday

Ah well .. today's probably been my best walking day since I became really ill. Well, since the pain and breathing problems stopped me getting around much. I wasn't going to go out today because I've been feeling rather tired but then decided it's best to get out there because it helps the changes in the muscles fall into place.

Last night my back had been painful and was causing quite a bit of breakthrough pain, then this morning there was pain in my left hip. And, then, this afternoon there was a sudden movement in the muscles in my left side that made me squawk with pain and I wondered if that would be the start of some heavy duty pain that side for a few days as it has before. But, no, it just appeared to be the movement that caused the extra pain and then it settled down again.

So, I decided to go out. I was a bit worried that there might be more muscle movement like there'd been earlier on or that when I was moving about more it might start some heavy break through pain off.

Break through pain is when the pain breaks through the pain medication.

But when I got out I found that walking was easier than it'd been for a while. There was the less internal pressure than there'd been for a long time and my breathing was much better. I was a bit breathless for the last couple of minutes and did sit down as soon as I got in but I wasn't as breathless as I sometimes am and I was carrying a bit of shopping as well.

I'd bought another copy of the book from The Works that I'd given away the other week. I hope she enjoys it. I'd been back to get another copy for myself and then after reading a couple of chapters decided to get one for a relative.

I'm also in touch with other people who have the auto immune illness now which is cool. I've already met someone who has a brother who has a very similar illness to mine. I felt sad as he is much younger than me and it seems a lot to have to cope with. And he has rheumatoid arthritis too which is another auto immune illness.

Stayed up to fit my last dose of paracetamol and oramorph in so I'll get that sorted now.