Monday, March 31, 2008

Loneliness

On one board someone posted about loneliness ... obviously I can't say anything about the posts because it is one of my private boards and that would be breaking peoples confidences. But the general question for us was had any of us ever been really lonely .. and mentioned even when there were other people around.



I'm arely lonely .. just a passing thought occasionally .. but never desperately so . I have people in my life who I can trust and who know they can trust me and I'm comfortable with my own company ... even if I'm not doing all I should ... lol!!!

Sigh one day I will get the meditation thing going properly again and me exercices. I will do five minutes of meditation before bed tonight.

Then to sleep if I can .. anyway the meditation will help with the loss of sleep. That is one of its benefits. It rests the mind in a similar way. Though isn't for everyone ... having said that there are a number of different kinds of meditation .. so probably there could be something for everyone .. if not I guess Mr Ousby's relaxation method that I wrote about some time ago could help.

But .. no .. I'm not lonely. Not at all. I have been at times and when I've been living with someone .. but not now. Now my interests and the people I know and being able to enjoy my own company stop the loneliness.

I am astounded at the number of people who do feel so lonely even though they are with other people.

Anyway .. I'm off to bed now .. and to meditate for five mins.

lol!!!

Ofcourse my new(ish) found view of life helps too. I hadn't really thought about it in connection with loneliness .. more with how it helped me cope with my illnesses. It all pottered very firmly into my life just before I became very ill .. except for a few incidents that really helped other people with me being the sort of catalyst for that happening .. and the occasional small thing when I got curious.

But I guess that really helps too.