Sunday, March 30, 2008

..... zzzzzzzzzz ...... oh dear .......zzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!

Every so often someone asks me if I'd've liked to have had kids. I know of three families who are "divorcing" their kids at 16 .. well, one from each family .. though there might be the chance of another going cause she's started immitating her sister now.

When I used to think of having kids when I was very young I used to think I'd make sure that they had a happy life to the best extent that I could and that I could learn from the mistakes my parents had made. I think a lot of think that way. Our kids are going to be the happiest in the world so to speak.

At the moment I know more families where the parents are unhappy with the kids than the other way round .. which is pretty unusual. Out of the three cases I've mentioned .. two have both emotional and physical violence coming from the child .. both alcohol and?or drug fuelled. I know that this did happen in my youth too but hardly to the extent it is now. I mentioned one not getting any help even though it was asked for a few months back. The latest one is approx a year younger than that one. Both families have said that they've really tried and they have.

So much for the fluffybunnikins version of do you wish you'd had children?

Well, maybe if I could've had some choice in how they turn out. Another mum said to me not so long ago that she wondered what the future would be like with her son so she's making the best of what she's got now ... he's only four!!!

I suppose I'd've struggled on whatever. I know how difficult it can be to parent .. it's not easy at all and parents are just people.

I was thinking today it would've been just my luck to get baaabeee psychopath but they'd still be little Jane or John in the family. I don't think I was really up for parenting because I'd've found it very hard to cope if that happened.

Was thinking about how I'd've raised the child .. what sort of ideals I'd've wanted to put down doe him/her while still letting them be there own person and all that kind of thing. How I'd encourage them through

It would've been a very difficult decision to make. Today, after listening to my friend's woes I thought .... no. She has another child who is lovely ... they're both in their teens .. and the one who has always been rather aloof and not much into cuddles.

Continued tomorrow ... I've got to go to bed ... I'm tired