Monday, March 31, 2008

....etc

Well ... maybe I would have been a good parent .. me friends seem to think I would be. Was thinking this morning after getting more news from the "home front" so to speak .. that I would definitely be involving the authorities .. starting with a trip to the doctor. There is definitely something wrong .. and I/or me + rest of family wouldn't be coping with it alone.

This young woman has a cool family and she's trying to blow it apart. For no reason.

She's another one who's going to be leaving home in the not too distant future whether she wants to or not. There seems to be quite an attitude going around that wasn't there in my younger day that you either behave .. well, to a certain extent .. or you go!!

I was talking to one of me mates in London too where things aren't good and people are really on a road to nowhere. I know how it all started .. I wrote about it in one of my early blogs .. where young people were just trying to protect themselves .. still are .. but it was a bit different then and more on an individual basis where now people are getting into groups of people so large that they are never going to meet most of the people they're connected to. Very different from The States. When I first started writing looking for protection was more on a basis of not wanting your mobile to be nicked.


The country is just loosing a grip to be honest .. and no one really seems to be able to do anything about it .. or they don't care .. or even seem to support it.


Someone I know was really ill last night and there was no doctor to come out where he was .. luckily he was ok .. he has a chest infection but he also has other conditions even though he goes to work. I suppose he should have rang for an ambulance because he was in a lot of pain and he has a couple of serious conditions even though he's a young man in his thirties .. but he stuck it out all night .. not being quite with it cause of the pain and fever. He's got an emergency appointment this morning.

It's just the lack of real caring from the services that gets me .. dentists too. It's not a good attitude to be passing on.

And .. from the sad discussion I had this morning it sounds as if things will get worse because to be honest there're a lot more on lots of young people's minds than school work these days. And that could lead to less and less really innovative people here .. some because they're not giving the time to work and others because they're leaving the country as soon as they've got the relative qualifications and experience .. seems to some extent there's a feeling that you either give up or get out.

So many of the local post offices are closing back in my area of London too .. not just the small ones as you'd believe but the major ones too and the ones that are still open have less windows open to serve people with the queues reaching the doors all through the day .. and a lot of these are under review too.

It seems there's really a spiral downwards ..to get a country on its feet you need innovative people but the conditions that are here aren't the sort to provide that are they on the whole. The more you put in the more you get back. I know at the moment the UK is doing relatively ok but what is happening here isn't providing a background for a healthy future.

You need to work together when things are going down the plug hole this fast.

But .. ofcourse .. there's so much trying to break a continuity up .. racism .. misogyny .. homophobia, classism etc ..

Often by people who say they have an interest in the country!!!??