Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Not Friday yet maybe ..... but

Suppose I will say something about the leader in the last issue of the local paper. Some of the residents are complaining about the drunken behaviour in the town at the weekends. Well, I guess I get to hear a lot of it as well as smell it sometimes.

I come from somewhere where the night life is buzzing at the weekends because of the local venues. It's always had a drug scene but ofcourse that has grown as the clubs openned. And ofcourse people drink a lot because it's fashionable to do that right now. It wasn't unusual before I left to come up here to look after mum to hear teenagers, more often girls than blokes, talking about how much they'd put away the night before, detailing what they'd drunk ... if they could remember!!! I think you might've got extra kudos if giggles replaced actually remembering.

You think I'm joking ... wish I was.

It kinda mirrored what used to happen in the late 60s if someone had smoked a joint near you ... or you'd had a couple of puffs yourself.

Too cool.

There were, ofcourse, a lot of drug casaulties in the late 60s/early 70s .. I lost a few friends myself. Just because I wasn't interested didn't mean that I was cut off from the scene. I was quite a part of it I guess .. but I didn't take the chemical route down it as I've said here before.


Wht really saddens me these days isn't seeing young people pissed/coked up ... it's seeing children pissed though I hope not coked up .. though I have to say I had my suspiscions a few months ago with one young boy. I really hope I was wrong.


I really think that's something more to worry about than the overflow of drunks from the pubs and clubs here. It's the future brewing and waiting to happen.

Back in the 70s this town was the sort of drugs mecca round here. There was a mixture of drugs and religion strangely enough. It all kind of stemmed from the meeting of ley lines and Aleicster Crowley who was a notorious cokehead/alcoholic and disliker of women in his time. Mr Crowley, I believe, left here when he was two years old but the association stuck .. at least it was still alive and kicking in the 70s. This brought the opposition in so to speak .. even if there wasn't anything to oppose at the time .. and a few rather dictorial sects appeared here. Ofcourse not to be outdone magic symbols started to appear on the streets. I can remember some along the Radford Road.

Now hands up ... who did it!!! It's a long time ago now!!!!

I suppose, in some ways, on the night life score, it's a minature reflection of my old home ... where I should be in about 2 months ... woo hoo ... to quote Gram Parsons for the umpteenth time today ... time. And, for some reason, even though pubs 'n' clubs have loos this still happens. But generally speaking you get to know the voices and it's the same people looning noisily round the streets.

This has been coming for some time ... it usually goes with the hollow laughter .. which has been evident here long enough .. too much booze and coke ... not of the cola type, etc.

I've never understood why people have to get so off their heads to go and enjoy themselves.

Anyway ... I'm off to bed now. I'm getting people to tell me to turn in before twelve now. I've not been sleeping well ... even if I'm a bit later than that it's still on my mind and I'm not going to be up til the really early hours of the morning.


Zzzzzzzzzzzzz