Saturday, April 05, 2008

Off t' bed!!!!

I've been talking to someone who knows someone who's just been taken into hospital because she's on the manic side of her bi polar illness ... probably because she's stopped taking her meds. Though that is hearsay too as she hasn't told me herself but it is what happened before so it seems quite likely.

It seems that she didn't stay in hospital that long last time and came out before she was really well. It's possible that depression might have led to her stopping taking the meds .. she's kinda lost a lot of what she'd hoped for through working hard and through just living I guess.

This is just a brief outline of what we've been thinking so I'm kinda jumping around from bit to bit .. not really writing about anything for long .. just a bit here and a bit there.

There aren't many beds available these days to help people like her so all hospitals are pushed. Someone else said a lot of time is now spent on people with cannabis psychosis. It's mooted that this is because most of the dope on the street is skunk and that is a different chemical make up to the stuff that was around when I was young but it's said that back in the day most drug induced psychosis was from acid or amphetamines. I think I know one person who probably had their life changed through smoking cannabis back then. I say this cause of the timing from the start of drug use to the diagnosis of schizophrenia. It was at a young age , very young for a diagnosis of schizophrenia to be made and it fits. Continued use and the inclusion of other drugs along with booze could have stopped any hope of recovery.

I asked, thinking that as skunk is different from the drug that used to be classed as dope .. why these people couldn't go to drug rehabilitation centres and was told that they weren't considered to be addicts and to be admitted to a drug rehabilitation centre you have to have an addiction you can be cured of.

I remember in my younger days it certainly made people on the paranoid side .. and you could hear the high pitched laugh that you hear so often these days .. only difference was that it wasn't empty like it is now. It was the difference in emotional tone that stopped me from catching on so quickly .. the emptiness is so noticeable.

I was talking .. blah di blah di blah .. to a goth guy I know and he said the empty laughter is like an epidemic today .. and I said d'ya know why .. but he didn't really. But he thought that it might be due not just to the drugs but to the general emptiness anyway. I don't know I'm not sure that there wasn't quite a bit of emptiness in my younger days too .. but I don't know .. is there more that isn't booze or otherwise chemically induced.

Anyway ... I'm off to try and get some sleep ....