Sunday, May 25, 2008

....

Actually, thinking about it ... I guess that Michelle's take on what happened in Italy could be right .. but you just hope that it isn't .. because of the insight it gives you. Someone who reviewed the book said that she generally didn't read this type of autobiography .. the abused child genre .. but was glad that she'd chosen to read this one and I agree .. it leaves you a lot to think about in so many ways. I'm not saying that the others dont .. they must all take people down some pretty nasty paths .. but Michelle's book leaves you asking just how widespread this type of abuse is.

Someone who works in the caring field that someone I know knows once said that the veneer of civilisation is very thin and so it appears to be.

I will read the book again though not for a while. I'm glad she wrote it.