Friday, May 23, 2008

That's the answer then!!

I have a friend, who has a similar problem to me ... in some respects .. and she works in the medical field .. and is interested in both conventional and alternative remedies. It would be so nice if some combination of the two helped somewhere down the line with the fragility of the skin.

I met someone in hospital who had a large folder full of articles connected to her illness. She had an auto immune illness too .. chronic rheumatoid arthritis. We meant to stay in touch .. but didn't. I will have her phone number somewhere so will have to look for it when I'm going through my note books.

It's strange .. possibly the first symptom of my illness was the big toe on my left foot going out of sync .. around the time when I developed that limp .. the christmas before the summer that the illness became apparent and was diagnosed. My foot looked a lot like hers but on a much lesser scale. She developed one auto immune illness while I developed another.

There is a chance that the two might not be linked in my illness .. but that was the path being ill took until symptoms showed themselves in a way that made what it was more obvious.

I was reading a website about another illness a friends partner has got and what did show itself was one treatment helping one person more than another. He finds eating vegetables helps .. doesn't like them very much really but will up the amount he eats if things get bad. I was speaking to a woman in a health shop yesterday about it and she said trying him on vitamin and mineral supplements which kind of fits with what his partner was telling me this morning about the veggies. I don't think he really thinks about it going away just making it easier. People had found things that helped them but it varied a lot amongst the posters.

Well, I pottered back and was looking through it again and found that the condition is more common in those with an iron deficency .. helps explain feeding him the brocolli and spinach then doesn't it. Doesn't make it go away .. just relieves the symptoms a bit when it gets bad if he eats more of these veggies. Guess that's the answer, well in part maybe, you never now if there's more. Have to tell her .. though she might already know I guess. Interesting.