Tuesday, July 22, 2008

.................

I may have lost one friend to alcoholism .. and I'm very sad and accept now that it's unlikely I'll/we'll hear from her again .. I know the whole story now .. well, as far as her friends are concerned and she won't be back for a long time .. if ever. I was so worried that I'd somehow hurt her and that was why things had suddenly changed .. but I couldn't really see how .. unless suggesting the doctor's surgery was a better place to be than drinking so much if she couldn't sleep had got to her. Anyway, I know now that it wasn't me .. but I also know that I doubt if I'll ever hear from her again .. though may do .. if it really is the early stages and she stops drinking. I find it hard to take in that she's developed wet brain so early on but I suppose it must be something to do with the way she metabolises alcohol .. I realise why she developed jaundice last year now too. On two bottles of wine a night. I know that's way above the recommended limits regardless of whose limits might be being recommended but I'm still surprised.

The real story had me laughing, sad, angry .. quite a mixture of emotions .. but I'm glad that it's all come out into the open because now everyone might realise that things are very bad indeed .. whereas before they didn't. Obviously I can't tell her story here ... I'm sad she's been through all she has in life and hope she can pick up now before it really is too late.

Strangely enough .. my life has become flooded with new friends in the days she's been gone from my life .. not without a little effort from me .. but not much I have to say .. they knew of me before but that was all .. I hadn't really been well enough to sort things out before .. but I certainly didn't expect this level of contact in return.