Saturday, September 06, 2008

............

The universe is certainly an interesting place. I will stay with the physics side .. bought a couple of books today which should keep me going for quite a long time. Um .. well, yes .. I decided that I would carry on reading .. lol .. well, that's a bit of an exageration really .. I just pottered in to have a read and was captivated as usual.

Both sides are fascinating and it's nice to have one with the other now.

I don't believe in things lie magic and from the little I know about it, The Secret. I think I said right at the beginning of my blogging that from what I'd seen I felt that magic had more to do with psychology than anything else .. that it has quite an effect on the brain but not the world.

The Secret, from what I know, likes to give the impression that hard work isn't what is needed to get things done. It certainly was the impression given to me from someone else I met on the web who'd read what must be a similar book.

I did wonder how, when things didn't work out, how the book would explain this .. it seems, from someone who's read something along these lines .. is not to give a time limit ..so what if it takes fifty years ... lol!!!! You'd probably forget by then anyway. And, if you .. um .. "work" on lots of things their way .. that something right must happen sooner or later just given the probabilities of chance. And, for some people, this will happen quickly or/and often cause of what they are working for would have happened anyway.

There is a chance too, that it might boost a person's self confidence and that this might help in certain situations .. but, on the other hand, it might not .. if someone feels that something out of their hands in some ways is going to take over for them .. depends on which way they interpret what rthey're reading and also which of this kind of book they're reading.

There is/was a book out on boosting "luck" that was the subject of a BBC program .. and said to alter a person's thinking in the way they perceived the world. Had to go back to some postsI'd made on a board ages ago to find who the author is ..

http://www.richardwiseman.com/books/luckfactor.html

http://www.richardwiseman.com/resources/The_Luck_Factor.pdf

Haven't read the book myself or been told of anything like it but it sounds interesting .. can't remember if I blogged about it before or if I just wrote on a board about it when someone brought up books like The Secret.

I was sad to note that the young woman who brought up the book like The Secret seems to have folded her business. I just went back to check if she was still working like she was.. it seems not as all the sites are either gone or not being used now. Shame cause she's a talented artist and good at craft type work too. There is a chance that she is doing an order for someone she met at a fayre to advertise this kind of work but I'd've thought she would have examples on her sites if she was working .. can't find anything new under her own name or what she used as a trade name. Gone for about a year.

Nothing.

Gosh .. this has moved on a bit .. anyway .. was saying that I'd decided to stay with the physics .. my belief as far as the rest goes is that "spirit" will give you hints that there's more to all this than meets the eye at sometime or other .. well, that life follows life and if you put your own experiences alongside other peoples you can get a pretty good idea that there is something more.

Obviously stayed up for an extra hour .. hope to sleep in fer an extra hour then .. got two hours or a bit more sleep earlier on .. so I'm not too late really.