Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday

Well .. I've obviously got a cold .. am bunged up and snuffly this morning. Hopefully that will be that now .. but just incase things get worse and I have to go into hospital for a few days I have ot ready to go .. letter written for ambulance crew .. pills sorted and a few things packed.

Hopefully I won't need to go but it's best to be prepared .. I'm not usually .. this only started happening regularly this year .. maybe something to do with the huge mounts of steroids I was on there and the two steroid drips that I had .. just had a bad reaction to them I guess. Still I'm walking better again now .. though won't be trying to break any records today!!!!!! Luckily my appointment at the surgery was yesterday when I wasn't quite so bunged up.

I do have extra muscle pains this morning but my face wasn't at all swollen when I got up .. now that is unusual even if I don't have a cold .. I'm usually just a bit puffy .. always thought that might be a reaction to the steroids because these ones .. not the anabolic ones .. the two are very different .. can make you swell up quite a bit facially if you have to take them in large amounts. This happened with the first steroid sparing drugs I took but no one could be sure that I had an allergy to them because steroids can cause that to happen and I was on a high dose of steroids at the time. Thought it was though cause I'd noticed that it had started with the steroid sparing drugs and not the steroids so they were swapped for the cellcept and the swelling went down. Might have been a reaction between the steroids and the steroid sparing drug I guess.

Got my pills down this morning with no problem ..and again my mouth wasn't so bad over night .. really surprizing as I've got a cold. Usually goes the other way. .

Still I've just got to sit it out now and see what happens.