Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sunday

Have a cold so have stayed in all day and e mailed saying that I won't be going this evening. Would've liked to but think it's better just to curl up here instead. Infact think I'll take my meds and turn in soon .. either just rest or read .. I've a couple of good books to choose from .. got a nice one from The Works to read .. have reads bits here and there and like it .. will read the other one too even though I can't really get into it. Found it in the Science section and it's not really anything like I expected it to be .. but still worth reading. Still think her room mate was joking .. I can remember a friend from years back saying exactly the same sort of thing .. sending herself up .. and it's rather difficult to imagine anyone saying that seriously when it was obviously wrong!!!

I'll be interested to find out where the author's coming from .. she's a psychologist, trained more in the social than the physical sciences .. I think skeptics of that kind tend to go for the comfort explanation .. that people turn to these things for comfort .. and, I guess that can happen but it's not true of everyone. I've heard of lots of people who have found their attention caught by things that have happened in their lives rather than just looking for comfort.

The other one from The Works is just what Iwanted .. many people's experiences. One, I read, while browsing, though very different, had a lot of basic similarities to one of mine ... this one was emotionally very touching and I knew that I was going to get the book as soon as I read it .. just for the price of that cup of hot chocolate .. well, less actually .. hope my friend who I took for the cup of hot chocolate sees it .. she'll like it .. though she tends to buy books by/about the Dalai Lama and Buddhism at the moment.

Well, think I'll have a soya protein drink .. don't fancy any other kind of meal this evening .. it'll either be that or a fortisip. And a mug of hot chocolate .. one I've made myself .. take me meds and turn in .. though I'm not feeling quite as tired as I was .. am feeling rather queasy and my tum and back are sore though.