Tuesday, December 23, 2008

.....................

Drinking my suppertime soup and then off to bed .. well, I've got a small dose of oramorph to take before I go. I'm definitely going to try and find these docs who seem to reckon that there is such a thing as adequate pain relief. I don't know if there's some sort of mix of opiates you can take rather than just having one which would be more effective.

One of my friend's partners is going to ask to go into hospital in the new year to have his pain relief reassessed. I'm going to start educating myself about it all .. start reading up on it and discussing it with people. One of my student docs to be friends is very interested in pain mangement and has been surprized that it isn't considered a very high priority and says he keeps on finding statements that seem to suggest that there isn't a great knowledge about opiates amongst doctors. It is puzzling. We don't know if there really isn't a great knowledge of existing treatments or if there just hasn't had a great deal of research into it.

Start in the new year I guess.

Will get in touch with my other friend's partner in the new year too. Even with that subject I'm not sure if there's just not been that much research done or if there isn't much knowledge out there. I think it was Colin Wilson who said many, many years ago that there was adequate proof of life after death for it to be as near proven as is possible and many people seem to agree with him.

Maybe people don't think it's that important to find out one way or another .. I mean there either is or there isn't.

But with the pain relief surely if there are methods of pain control that make it unnecessary for people to have to think about going to clinics like the one in Switzerland because they don't want to live and/or pass in a lot of pain it should be common knowledge and people should be able to be in as little pain as possible.

I have found my experiences very interesting and very comforting .. I now they've been given to help and out of love. I always think of the butterfly story in the ADC and the story in the same book about the woman who had an experience where she was given the choice betwen passing there and then or living for two more years though in a lot of pain .. she chose the latter and passed two years to the day afterwards of a painful cancer which was diagnosed shortly after the experience of being asked to choose.

So many people have stories like that to tell and in the coincidence book it said that coincidences often happen in clusters .. as mine have.

I've felt that it's been like being at school almost. Though at the same time it's been very reassuring to feel that you just pass over to another form of life from this one. I'm as near sure you do as is possible to be.

Anyway, had me soup and oramorph .. though I wouldn't mind some more soup ... lol!!! And am off to sleep now.