Saturday, January 17, 2009

saturday

Off to bed rather late .. much too tired to be up. Went to the Oxfam bookshop and came away with a small pile of books along the same line as the one I'm reading now .... investigation into the origins of life, the universe and "everything." Had ordered another opy of ADE, this time from Waterstones as The Works had sold out a long time ago and didn't get anymore in .. so guess their warehouse emptied quickly. I'm giving a copy to some people I know for the little library of spiritual books they're starting for their little group. Hope they enjoy it .. though I know a couple of people have already read it.

I was a bit disappointed because I found out that there was a new edition coming out with changes so we ordered one of those .. turned out though that it just had a new forward. I suppose that could have had something to do with it turning up in The Works .. can't complain about that or I mighn't have read it in the first place.

It is still a favourite book and, I think. the best one of it's kind in that kind of subject. I am slowly reading through Complexity. I would still have bought it if I'd known for sure what it really concentrated on .. but I think the blurb on the back cover gave more space to what there's little of in the book and a little to what there's a lot and I bought it thinking that it would be the other way round. Still, not to worry .. it's a good and interesting book and I soon get lost in it once I start reading.

Anyway .. I'm turning in now.