Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tuesday

I've got another cold though am not back in hospital though I sneezed twice yesterday, Guess it's why I started feeling so tired again though.

Still reading my book .. I'm finding it quite hard to get into the way it's written .. though understand what the author is doing. I can almost see his chapter plan written out on his desk .. and, by chapter, taking us along and explaining why the people involved were interested in the idea of setting up an institute to study their ideas .. it's fine .. but I wish he'd written more to connect those ideas as he went along, comparing and showing the idividual connections.

Physics is different from economics because of the social elements and atoms have been around a lot longer than people and have had a lot longer to build up bases to what they do.

I'm not totally sure what the economic input at the beginning of the book encompassed.It appeared to be economic trends and how they can be affected by all kinds of variables that at one time hadn't been considered. Was this taken into other parts of economics or just left there. Will it tell me when I've read more?

We're in what is generally termed a recession now. Sometime around the beginning of the 80's there had been hope that recessions might become a thing of the past because it had got easier to model economic trends through using computers. It didn't happen and it is still very difficult to predict a recession, let alone predict one and turn it around before it happens.


I gotta go.