Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wednesday

Managed to get there this arvo .. though late as usual. Lots of hugs .. I don't mind anymore ... lol!!! So, me friends are a friendly bunch. I'm happy I gave the book .. wanted to give something to the library box and that's a nice book .. me favourite on it's kind of subject. I gave the one with the new forward .. was going to give the older one but it doesn't really matter. The forward was written by someone else whose interested in studying the subject .. I can't remember much about it as I just skimmed through it meaning to read it later but hadn't by the Monday I was going to take it in. doesn't matter. Don't know if anyone's reading it at the moment but it has an interested customer from today.

Obviously it's just a little of a lot of subjects that make up the whole and help you make up your mind how you feel and what you think about the subject as a whole.

I had hoped that the book might've expanded by a chapter or two rather than just a forward .. or a forward that might've told us how the author felt now .. if her beliefs had changed or deepened. I believe even more strongly that your own experienes and those of your friends have to be the underlying foundation to it all along with other things that come across as trustworthy through your own and the people near you's experiences.


I think most of that book can be relied on. As I said to someone if they believe that book is ok if people who have had experiences says it is that means they have many, many experienes to think about plus those of friends family etc. If they don't believe the book then that means they think that you are mistaken too and can go on to investigate other things or nothing else .. whatever they want.

People's spiritual paths are their own.

I believe in life following life now ..the only think that keeps me wondering is the cruelty on this planet. I believe Charles Darwin had much the same problem though I think the complexity of evolution made him query that again later on ... can't remember now .. it's so many years since I read about that ... thirty or so I guess (lol!!!!!). I think it was him that went through the same sort of questioning. I wrote about thinking that years ago in one of these blogs and I'm still left wondering about it. Thinks back in amazement .. did I really think that all that time ago

Anyway, still reading Complexity. It's a good book. There is an economics thread running through the book. Economics is a very new subject compared to physics ... lol!!! After all people are made out of atoms and "nature" has had a long time to develop a system to study in comparrison to being able to study economics.

Just thinking of this universe. which is estimated to be around 13.75 billion years old working with the latest data , sure gives, even on that scale, a very long time for laws to evolve and build up for present day scientists to discover. Economists, on the other hand, are working with a relatively new social science where they are still charting the system more or less as it develops. eventually, I guess, they will have a data base that will contain lots and lots of scenarios and make prediction much easier. Little changes along the way could bring out different results .. but watching things unfurl as time goes on should help make prediction easier as more knowledge from different angles can be entered.

But, having said that , it doesn't mean that an idea that has from the economic system won't help solve something in physics by giving ideas from the way things interact!!! It's watching the way complex systems interact and perhaps spot a simularity in one that might shed light on what is happening in another.

My book is the story of the change from a very insular way of seeing things to generally broadening that view and then to sharing it with other fields of study. It's still growing from where my book left off. Apparently if I want a better overall account of CDS I should read a book called Sync. This is an overall view though. Not just reading about physics.

The book really is an account of how the Santa Fe Institute came into being and the people who first got together to discuss the possibilities of complex adaptive systems/complexity science. Complex adaptive systems describes it better than complexity science I guess. It is interesting too because it tells you about discoveries people made or ideas they had started investigating which made them become interested in developing this field of science.

I've got to turn in now. With me mug of soup and meds. Better leave me book behind though. I'm not going to leave the book now that I know that it's an account of how the Santa Fe Institute got off the ground .. there is technical stuff as you go through about different subjects .. economics is the thread throughout the book so far to hold the different subjects together ... but not much. The book isn't an in depth discussion about complexity science .. more a disussion about the people who started the whole thing off via the Santa Fe Institute and why.

Still got me other blogs to sort out as I've gone back to just using this again . I had another up and going wiv leetle green men NOT helping crossing the roads on all roads and what to do if they weren't around.

I think this used to be my political/science/news blog, Dancing in the Dark was general, and Drifting through Space was my music, book etc blog ... and now they're all just mixed up in this one. Used to think it was easier for me friends to choose what they read if they hadn't much. And people who I knew well IRL or on the net had access to my private diary with was friends only where we talked about my health, mum and things like that .. that's gone now so won't be starting that up again.

Right, finished my soup.

Time to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.