Sunday, April 12, 2009

Had a look at the book

I'm going to disagree with this guy, I know it .. but, having said that, the book's still worth my time because of all the information it has in it that has lead him to write the book.

He comes from the symbolic, myth and mystery side of the argument .. loved by Fortean Times. I just know he'll love supernatural based comics and has probably always been interested in this kind of thing from childhood. I would think he's about my age and probably bought the Man, myth and magic magazines that were out when we were young .. or, at least, was interested in them. I bought a few copies .. they had just caught my eye .. but lost interest .. they were interesting though .. but I wasn't interested enough to collect the complete series. Bet he read H.P Lovecraft's books too. He'll also be very interested in UFOs and crop circles. I expect he'll have been interested in the popular spiritual concept of the 70s that everything is an illusion and this is where his journey to his present beliefs started from.

He's obviously interested in things like NDEs and OBEs .. consciousness seemingly away from the body.

I should imagine he's very interested in quantum physics. It goes with the terrority these days really. I bought another book from The Works yesterday, which I'd been wondering whether to read or not, about New Age spirituality, called The New Age. I saw a photo of Krishnamurti in it who was one of the first modern spiritual teachers that I got to know about and thought it would be nice to read about him again .. there is also a chapter on science and spirituality .. so, at a reduction from £14.95 to £2.99, decoded it was worth trying.

The guy who wrote the book's called Anthony Peake .. his book ... Is there life after death. It should be full of lots of interesting information but I think his views are very different from mine .. he's certainly approaching things from a different angle.

I think he'll have touched on a lot of interesting things both in neuro science and physics but I don't think he'll be touching on life after death .. more on the basics of religion and myths and neurology.

From the little I've read I think he believes that we are two people in one so to speak .. an eternal self and one that is experiencing life more or less as life for the first time but could be guided by the eternal self who has lived many times before maybe in a parellel universe.

I'm not sure if he believes in reincarnation on this planet or if he just sees it as something that happens on different planes. Therefore in his theory I guess you never die cause you, as you are now, is just a version of the real you experiencing experience away from your real self .. or, something like that.

So, therefore his answer would be that there isn't life after death because there is no death because the you that is "living" now is just a projection from your real self who is eternal. Or, something like that.

No, that's not how I see things .. my belief is much more mundane .. lol .. the you that is here now is the eternal self .. in spirit .. and that's what you take with you when you pass over.

Well, will dip into the book bit by bit. There'll be lots of interesting info in it .. a mixture of peoples experiences, neurology and quantum physics, mythology, religion etc.