Saturday, May 02, 2009

Saturday

Found out someone I know is in quite a lot of pain today .. can't tell how much obviously .. but she did wince so I reckon it's quite bad ..she's only taking paracetamol so I said to go back to the doc and have a chat. It will be sorted out eventually .. though not for some time. Guess she could be put on anti inflamatory meds.

Certainly changed her outlook on life. She's a couple of other problems too .. all come as a shock. Said it's a bit like the swine flu thing. She now understands about the pain I'm in .. don't think she had any idea at all before.

Well, yeah.

The pain has been much the same but in other ways I woke up this morning feeling a bit better. Don't know if it's to do with me liquorice tea. I'm only having one cup of that a day as I said though I like the stuff very much. Seems that liquorice can raise your blood pressure .. though me ginger should lower it again. Ginger can lower blood pressure as well as stop nausea . I've read that up to 3 cups of liquorice tea a day is best but I'm sticking to me one I think!!!! Ever cautious. I would be off to the docs if it was more than one .. will tell him next week anyway.

This is quite an interesting site

http://www.mothernature.com/Library/Bookshelf/Books/41/65.cfm

Doesn't mention ginger but I've read there've been tests that have shown chemicals in ginger to help too.

I'd use herbs as a help not as a medicine though .. and would carry on taking me pills unless my doc said it was ok to stop. And definitely not the other way round.

Anyway .. soup now then bed.