Saturday, June 27, 2009

Saturday

Guess I'll have to phone the manufacturer's of Cellcept up to find out about withdrawal symptoms cause I'm having no luck on the net. Though maybe I could tell them about a few now!!! Guess it gets worse around day three/four/five .. think lots of withdrawals do. Felt the same but more so this morning. Will just have to put up with it. People've been telling me quite a lot about their withdrawals from meds and their bad reactions too.

And it's clear that I've just got to sit it out. I've missed single doses a couple of times before without feeling too bad but it seems to be a long term reduction that causes the problems.

It's not nice but it could be worse.

I'm stopping drinking my liquorice tea while I'm withdrawing from the cellcept .. going for the white tea and tumeric. I really don't want to drink it for a long time without a break anyway .. even though I'm drinking is a quarter to a half of what is considered a medicinal dose I think it might be a good idea to treat it as one .. and have a break every so often amd use the white tea/tumeric/ginger/garlic mixture instead .. though as soon as I get the flu I'll be taking it.

Always ask your doc if you're taking meds though.

I take one that may lead to potassium loss and I occasionally have high blood pressure .. which puts me on the boarderline for using it .. I've had no adverse symptoms at all .. no irregular heartbeat, weakness etc.

I've been told that in Germany they say that no one should use liquorice for more than six weeks without medical advice .. I really think it might be best to ask your doc to start off with. I know there seems to be advice to the contary but I really think it's a good idea particularly in the case of heart medications.

I'm going to write to that tea manufacturer and say that I think the tea should come with medical information rather than just providing it on the net. I think it should be more detailed too. People have written on the net saying how nice they think the tea is .. and it is .. without seeming to realize that it's a medicine with contraindications. I could happily drink three/four mugs probably for a long time and there's no indication on the box that you shouldn't. Obviously six weeks must be giving a big leeway .. but that is the German gov's advice after looking into it .. go to your doc if you want to use it for longer .. but I really think that, as I said first of all, ask your doc .. especially if you're taking meds.

I MIGHT use it long term just leaving the teabag in for a minute or two over what would be my break .. once I'm over this withdrawal from the mycophenolate .. I'll just have to see. Ask me doc ofcourse. It hasn't caused me any problems that I noticed .. the opposite infact .. but I'm still not happy with the idea of using it long term simmering it for 5 mins .. which, incidentally is 2 mins less than recommended on the box .. though, ofcourse the teabag does contain less than half the recommended dose.

I was getting what appeared to be strong anti viral effects using 1 teabag a day leaving the teabag in for 7 minutes and I thought that. maybe it wasn't just that the virus wasn't reproducing itself so quickly but that it was weaker too for a while as I would start feeling better quite soon after drinking the tea.

When I start drinking it again I'm going to try it at 7 mins I think .. that's with the Yogi teabags .. and just one cup a day .. it worked it seemed .. along with sticking a star anise in. I suppose you're not going to get that much from the liquorice with everything sticking together inside the teabag so it is just a small amount .. but I'm still going to have breaks!!!! Also you don't know quite how much of each chemical comes out in a tea .. you get the whole lot if you swallow something in a capsule .. I don't think I'd be too keen on taking a capsule .. though they actually have less in them than a teabag does .. and a teabag gives out less .. unless you're sloshing it around and squeezing it .. than a mushed up liquorice root would .. and, that, therefore me teabag isn't really giving out much at all .. I don't slosh my teabags around .. but I still think it's wise to keep to the guidelines .. no more than 6 weeks without medical advice and if you're taking meds ask your doc first regardless.