Tuesday, August 18, 2009

cont .....

Going on from there I read an article about brain imaging and whether it can show links between the way the brain is formed and the way people behave. I've written about this a few times now. It's not the first time this has come up but I really can't remember the conections mentioned before .. it wasn't anything to do with the right frontal lobe.

This report was inconclusive anyway because it's known that we can change our brain to a certain degree by what we do .. what we learn and how we behave and the people doing the study just had the evidence at a certain point to go on and it would be reasonable to speculate about the reasons for the present situation being anywhere along that line from it being a physical condition the people had no input into to one where their behaviour was totally responsible for how things are.

I wrote about how we grow connections in our brain when we learn and do things .. if I remember rightly it takes about a month to grow one. Going by that it would be quite possible for behaviour to be the cause of brain similarities in people around certain types of behaviour.

I think here .. have to admit that I didn't read the last article that closely .. it was connected to having a hair trigger response to things in a way that could cause a lot of problems. What I read wasn't very detailed anyway .. I can't remember any information that would show if it was a hair trigger response accounting for these people being in the investigation or whether it was something planned.

I remember it being suggested one time that this kind of behaviour including both sorts of responses .. planned and tair trigger .. were the result of difficult childhoods which suggested that it was behaviour that would make the difference .. though maybe in childhood.

There is an article in Lemuure's blog about epigenetics that shows that early behaviour can affect how a young person's brain forms rather than it happening through genetics

http://blogginglemuures.blogspot.com/2008/07/why.html

And we know that behaviour and learning in later life can affect how the brain forms too.

What they don't know is whether what they discovered in common with these guys with seemingly the same problem is how and when it formed.

Yawn .. I have to go to bed now or I'll fall asleep here again like I did last night.