Friday, March 26, 2010

Ploughing through it all

Anyway on to other things because I'm really bored covering the same topic over and over again when there's so much info out there anyway.

Trot through studies and all the things that might be related. Knowing that we know zero about why or how there could be anything here at all. Why is there even a void for there to be any chemicals in? Why is there even a place in existence that can give the possibility of there being nothing?

The concepts are so strange .. even the tiny bit we do know just about the existence of the universe is much stranger than many would've predicted.

My beliefs are just conclusions I've drawn through having a few experiences myself and reading lots of other peoples stories and reading about experiences and possible reasons for them etc., etc. Some'll not be connected ... some will.

I'm interested in finding out what I can and making more possible connections.

It would be easier if I knew more but I'm happy with what I do know I guess.

Anyway Emma's book is back on the shelf so to speak as I've been talking about it for a long time now. I do think it's the best book out there to start off with and to talk seriously about I guess. It sure covers why people don't know much. And there are a lot of stories though a very small minority obviously aren't true. Just idiots trying to mess with her thesis I guess. Doesn't have to hold the possibility of finding new knowledge back though. You just have to accept, that while a lot are obviously true and heartfelt .. there's a very small number that aren't.

The book is interesting too cause it covers experiences without seeming to reflect them. It's interesting how understated so many of them are too. I just know that quite a few people would've wondered if their stories were interesting enough!!

She could've picked up loads of stories anywhere to have covered what she was writing about and in, what I guess, could've been more flamboyant ways. What's the most interesting is she wasn't doing the course to prove this ... more the other way round ... lol!!! So it must've been a lot more work and having to make a rather tiring change to what she was doing. I know the feeling.

It's quite a difficult mind shift to make and very difficult in the middle of studying I should imagine.