Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Difficult

Not a very good evening .. I suppose I should have gone to the clinic at the hospital today. I was told that I could just turn up if I was feeling worse. Going by the card I've been given this applies to people with my illness and lupus. Might phone the department at St Thomas's instead tomorrow or might phone my GP first and see what she suggests.

I'd think that some of it might be because I couldn't eat much for a few weeks. I was on a saline drip but still tried to eat. I had Procal and Fortisips .. you can get small Fortisips now too.

Will ask my GP for some Fortisips as they're a vitamin and protein enriched drink so you get liquid as well as food at the same time. Procal is very condensed though it tastes nicer. As I've got to drink .. Fortisips .. the usual kind .. are better as they do two jobs at once. I had one for dinner tonight!!!!!

Couldn't manage anything much for a quite a while. In fact I guess I hardly ate for about five weeks .. almost got to the point where I was going to have to have a tube to my stomach .. it was talked about twice but I just managed to keep going.