Wednesday, April 07, 2010

meditation

Anyway .. thinking of health .. back to meditation. Not difficult to do .. it's just taking the time out to do it .. but I will because it's well worth the time spent doing it. If I was well enough I'd do yoga too. As I'm not I'm going to try and adapt some exercises. Might put about half to three quarters of an hour a day aside for that.

Even with things as they are getting a routine going is important otherwise it's so easy to just drift through the day.

So, tomorrow I start meditating again. Thought about it during the power cut. Well, it was a kind of natural thing to go into though I spent more time kinda semi dozing but, for a little while, I thought it over and went into a meditative state.

I'm going to find out more about the type of meditation I mentioned the other day. Know a little more about it now because some people on a message board mentioned it which kinda got my interest going again. There's no rush as I'm happy with how I usually meditate but I'd like to see what this is like too.

I think 15/20 minutes will be enough and to start off with I'll just use med-i-tate as a mantra to concentrate on. I 've meditated because I like the feeling of relaxation that can go with it but there are other benefits.

http://www.spring.org.uk/2009/05/how-meditation-improves-attention.php

Just like everything though there are some people who find meditation doesn't suit them. If you take any medications to help with your mood or if you feel you might need them or anything like that it's best to talk to your doctor as there could be a difference when the body/mind relaxes. Also if you are someone who feels a need to be in control meditation might be difficult for you.