Sunday, May 11, 2008

............

After writing about me mouthwash I decided to try upping it again but it just makes me feel ghastly as if I have a mouth full of sandpaper and cottonwool .. or something close to that. I will use a paintbrush to apply gently rather than giving it the big swirl around every time. I remembered me mouth didn't feel too great after it but forgot just how ... yuk!!!

I will tell my doctor next time I see him .. maybe I have a slight allegy to it .. I didn't tell anyone before cause it's just a ittle bit of the whole solution that gets left there. I take prednisolone by mouth too .. it's the steroid along with the steroid sparing drug that helps hold back my over enthusiastic immune system .. thats 10mgs a day of prednisolone now and I thought that was what was really fighting the condition .. well, obviously it is, but maybe there's something else that I can use other than the steroid mouthwash .. it's just a tiny, tiny, tiny amount of steroid cause most of it just ends up down the sink. Maybe it's even adding to the problem .. really one mouthwash a day is all my mouth can take before getting really uncomfortable now. It's a sensitivity that built up over time. I follow the instructions in the leaflet that comes with the little pills. They're the little pink ones that take ages to dissolve. Well, in cold water anyway .. might give 'em a go in warmer water than I've been using.

There might be something else I can use anyway. I think keeping me mouth clean is the most important thing cause not much steroid is left once you've finished with the mouthwash.

These steroids are very different from anabolic steroids .. infact they cause muscle weakness rather than strength!!