Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The book left the shop

I did buy the book I mentioned a couple of weeks ago. And have just been dipping into it rather than reading it all the way through ... probably because I've still got a touch of post viral syndrome.

The good thing is that she did come out of the awful childhood she lived through to a life with her partner where she's happy. It shows that, even after living through such abuse, someone can come through it to have happy relationship with a partner.

I guess the message is that the people not to have close to you in your life are the abusive ones.

I haven't dipped in to the end yet though I know she is happily settled so I don't know the path from a mother who couldn't control her temper at times and the abusive men and women that were in her life .. both from her family and ones that came in from outside of her birth families .. to where she is now.