Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tuesday

Still here and've got me pills down ok but am still feeling very ill .. a couple of sneezes before I got up .. but wasn't sick .. just feel very tender and swollen up. Usually, at this stage, I'm in hospital and having to have everything done for me. Last time I was having my sheets and night clothes changed every twenty mins or so for a while because I was sweating so much when I was first admitted. The nurses were brilliant.

Well, for such a nasty bug, it's not been as bad as it usually is .. it's usually three or four days, after admission, til I can walk again. Then I know that it's nearing time to leave. Still a bit swollen but I guess it's started to go down enough to relieve the symptoms I was having before.

I hadn't packed my book!!!! Not that I'd've been able to read anything for a few days anyway if things had got as bad as they usually do .. I think I was expecting, after the second lot of spasms, even though they stopped, that I would have to go in because it did get pretty nasty for few minutes and I think if it'd happened again in the next couple of hours I would've been in because they'd caused quite a few problems .. but, I was lucky, and had this feeling of immense peace and relaxation flood my brain .. and I went to sleep!!!

Hadn't packed my book .. had seen it in Waterstones and was planning on reading it at some point. It's been out quite a while but hadn't got round to it so was nice to spot it in The Wors. It would've been nice to have had in with me .. as I've said I can feel a bit disconnected to my experiences when I'm very ill, though I do still know that they've happened, but I guess coping with the illness is foremost in my mind. Someone had told me about a programe on a local radio station on Sundays that I would probably interested in too and I haven't got round to listening to that yet .. I think it's Radio Coventry and Warwickshire's early morning programme 6 - 9am .. so maybe I won't be listening after all. Just been over to check .. I didn't realise it was that early.

Feeling a little bit better .. guess my pain meds are helping some. As I said usually I wouldn't be able to do anything for myself .. have even had to have my meds fed to me .. at this stage .. and them planned for when I'm not feeling so sick. I had an anti sickness injection in hospital to help with the tummy problem.

Am going to get breafast now .. must admit that I've held out well this time .. managed to stay on my feet and do things for myself .. even if it did get rather unpleasant for a while.