Sunday, November 30, 2008

...................................

Well, ended up buying a tin of mixed choccy biscuits rather than a cake .. and that's for St Nicholas Day and my birthday. Suppose I could've got something in the week for my birthday really . but thought I'd get it for now .. or maybe save taking it in til my birthday .. I don't know. Think I'll take it in now .. people will enjoy them more now I guess than around Christnas and it is a nice treat.

People usually buy a cake for their birthday to share .. the last lady bought two .. a victoria sponge and one of those oblong chocolate special occasion cakes from Tesco. When I got there there was only one slice of victoria sponge cake left and lots of the chocolate one .. my friend asked if I wanted a piece of cake .. to let me choose first .. lol!!! I said I'd leave it cause I suspected she'd go for the victoria sponge .. and she did. After all she's going to enjoy it more than me these days .. or so I thought. But then I thought I'd try a bit of the chocolate cake. I thought the cakes were home made like the ones that had been brought in for the table top sale .. the individual chocolate ones but when I mentiond it later it turned out to be from a shop .. noticed it later in Tesco .. it was very nice and I was glad that I'd waited cause I would've gone for the victoria sponge cake .. which I'm sure was very nice too.

Was talking to someone here about the biker's trial when it was all over the press. He said that he didn't understand how they had hoped to get away with it and I said it was pretty odd but thought that their minds were probably blown with drink and drugs. He said that it reminded him of Rabbi who was a biker in Leamington back in the 70s who got caught up in the drugs war .. I expect lots of people will remember him .. he apparently was very, very beautiful .. descrilooked like a young Jimmy Page with masses of tumbling blonde hair. He said that he thought Rabbi was very deep and profound because he was often so silent but then realised that the guy had fried his mind with the drugs he'd taken.

Wonder if that was part of the problem aroud what took place on the M40. Along with a rather displaced sense of right and wrong.

I would love to be able to ride a bike again .. just for the sense of freedom in the open air. I just potter around now very slowly .. though walking is much better than it was .. most days .. some days are difficult but generally things are much better but I would never ris driving in any way because I don't think it would be a good idea with the pain I'm in or the medication I'm on .. that slows my reflexes up a bit I think. Everyone tells me not to risk it and they are totally right. A bike would be far more dangerous than a car so that would've been out really anyway but I wouldn't risk driving a car either at the moment.

Woke up this morning thinking of the woman I was talking to yesterday .. it was a happy exchange of information. She possibly had discussed the phenomena with no one at all except her partner who it happend to .. I told her that it was very common .. she had no idea. I doubt if she uss a computer so wouldn't be able to research it that way. I'm saying that it's possible that she hadn't discussed it with anyone cause she had no knowledge about it and she was a very intelligent woman.

Also thought about the newer butterfly story I read. There wee a few more stories to read and I noticed that there weren't very many mags left. Don't usually read that but decided to after reading somthing else on the cover. Was going to have a rumage amongst the yoga mags after seeing some guy reading one today but there wasn't really time. I'm wondering just how much yoga could possibly help me .. not just the meditation side but doing the physical exercises too. I do a few stretching ones but maybe I should read up on it more again.